California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 Disclosure
K&G Men's Company, Inc. d/b/a K&G Fashion Superstore (the "Company") provides this statement pursuant to its obligations under the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (the "Act"). The Act requires the Company to disclose its efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from its direct supply chain for tangible goods offered for sale so that consumers can make more informed choices regarding the products they buy and the companies they choose to support.
The Company is strongly committed to maintaining high standards in supply chain management. We are pleased to provide the following summary description of our efforts to responsibly manage our supply chains.
- The Company engages a third party consultant (currently a company called Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) to help ensure the safety, quality and socially responsible manufacture of the Company's direct sourced products at factories that manufacture the final direct sourced products, and major mills that manufacture fabric based on the Company's purchase orders (collectively "Direct Suppliers").
- The Company engages in third party verifications of its Direct Suppliers to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery, as defined by the laws in the countries in which the Direct Suppliers are located.
- The Company arranges for audits of its Direct Suppliers for, among other things, the purpose of evaluating the Direct Suppliers' compliance with the Company's standards and business practices guidelines as well as applicable laws related to human trafficking and slavery, as defined by the laws in the country in which the Direct Supplier is located. The periodic audits are independent and both (a) announced; and (b) unannounced.
- The Company maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for employees failing to meet Company standards and guidelines related to human trafficking and slavery.
- For training, managers with direct responsibility for supply chain management of our direct sourced products have attended training by our third party consultant, Underwriters Laboratories Inc. on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products. Additionally, those managers attend regular calls with the third party consultant to help ensure the safety, quality and socially responsible manufacture of the Company's direct sources products.